Sunday, July 14, 2013

Life Happens...

I have been VERY busy lately. Doing what? nothing really...at least that's what it seems like...
int he past month I have spent most of my time trying to find somewhere, anywhere for my Mom to live, even if jus a temp thing. Sadly I've gotten no where - but it's of no fault of mine. My Mom has a list of "must haves" with her housing...that it's hindering half the potential places for her. Some of these must haves I know I won't make her give up - like her dog...she's had him for nearly 8yrs, he's her companion pet, and helps her in some of her hardest moments...so I won't ask her to give him up. He's currently staying with me right now and is becoming a spoiled brat lol (not that he wasn't before) but he's been getting wkly baths, daily brushings (at the hands of a 22month old, 3yr old, and a nearly 5yr old) and his food wetted jus a tad with some warm water to "soften" it some for him. He's lost weight, looks overall healthier, and spends most of his days outside as weather allows (we even put up a shade tent for him...) When he does go back to my Mom I know he'll be 1 happy puppy...but will miss his days outside. Other then that her "must haves" are sadly, slowly becoming too much to try to give...I'm running out of options with everything for her. Patience is a virtue that I don't have much of anymore...my Mom's on 5 different waiting lists for an apt and how long will it be until these apts open up? only God knows, and He's not sharing right now.
I've also been busy trying to get my DH a job, he's finally got his GED! so now, it's time for a job! this requires me to drive him wherever whenever...towing 3 kids along...some days it's jus too hot to even leave the house muchless sit in a vehicle waiting. but we're doing what we can.
I'm busy looking into some type of storage of some sort to be put on the farm, that in the right now can be used for my Mom's things, and in the later can be used for "yard tools" including, but not limited to, the lawn mower, the weed eater, snow shovels, shovels, garden tools, etc. once I find something that will work - it'll be up to my Mom to say what she'll NEED right away (bed, clothes, kitchen items, some bathroom stuff, somewhere to store her clothes, a place to sit) and the rest will be better packed up, as well as gone through, anything NOT needed will be gotten rid of...anything that she'll want/need in the future will go into this storage space...This I know will be hard on her, but it must be done, she simply has too much stuff...a 4bdrm farm house that doesn't have small rooms by any means is packed beyond belief and it's 95% her stuff...I can't even get into the farm house muchless move within it for anything....
so while it feels I've not been doing much, really I have, and the constant dead ends are truly becoming quite a stress...each passing day that I can't be working on that farm house to make it ready for my family is 1 more day that I must wait...I can't get power turned on til we know if the well pump is 100% shut off due to some pipes not in, and no septic tank...can't get to the bathroom downstairs to see if it has all it's pipes in or not, it'll be a squeeze to get upstairs - and the steps are right inside the back door...we could start working on the upstairs yes as not much is up there...but to have to squeeze in jus to get up there...*sigh* this is why I'm looking into the storage space...

No comments:

Post a Comment