Sunday, June 16, 2013

Father's Day...

Today we didn't move anything out, we jus relaxed. Let the Daddies enjoy their day. It was an overall nice day. Minus when my Mom called mad cuz nobody had come in today (we told her we weren't going to yesterday) and I was unable to give her a 100% for sure time that we'd come in tomorrow...I mean I have keys to the house she doesn't NEED to be there...infact she gets in the way so it's best she's not there anyways...but whatever I guess...
Today (according to my Mom) was the 1st Father's Day since my Grandpa died (he died days before father's day last yr...) so she's upset over that...more cuz of the fact that nobody came and took her out to eat for Father's Day or anything like that...she called me up crying over all this and things that were supposedly said...after she hung up I called up my brother to let him know Mom was upset and why...to give him a heads up he'd be getting call after call whining about 1 thing or another (she does this all the time when things don't go 100% her way...)
I don't want this to be all whining over things though...

Grandpa, there's no Apple Blossoms anymore, but I still see them and smell them in my mind. I seen the lilacs blooming in Daddy's yard today, got to smell those. I got me a Strawberry plant...it's growing nicely in a 5gal pail, I'll transport it into the ground next yr when I've built a raised bed for Strawberries. I'd LOVE to find some Raspberries and Blackberries but I've not had any luck so far. I got my dreams of what I will do with all the farmsite land and I know you'll be watching over me while I do it with a proud look on your face saying "there's my Betsy, always loving the plants." Joe's been watching over the farm house, and making himself known more so then ever before...I think he's happy it's back in the family again (Joe is the guy who built the house, my Great-Great-Great-Grandpa...he died on that land...) I think there's someone else watching over the house too, not sure who it is though...guess I'll know with time. Grandma, Daddy is going to take up the Tulips, divide them, and gimme some of them, I'm planning to plant them along with some Iris alongside the steps in the front...I can't wait! I got a Honeysuckle tree in the back, it needs some trimming but it's doing good considering it's not gotten any love an attention for close to 10yrs for sure. I'll be sure to show it the love it needs, same with the Lilac bushes. I miss you guys sooo much, but I'm remembering all you taught me. I will pass it all onto my kids. Soon I will be in the farm house raising my family as my dreams always were...soon I will have my 2acres of garden and fruit trees, with flowers mixed in. it will be a happy place, with a big sandbox under the swingset for the kids, a little play house in the back for them...they'll have a shed jus for outside toys...and I'll be hanging my clothes on the line while watching my kids running around enjoying life.

No comments:

Post a Comment