Saturday, May 25, 2013

Sometimes you Jus Gotta Put Your Foot Down...

so the house that Mom's been staying in needs to be moved from it's location...my Mom would rather a trailer house then this house...so we decided we'll sell the house, not expect much for it at all...since it has to be moved...and get her a trailer what's left over can get my DH his much needed GED. I got a buyer, Mom's got a list of unneeded wants that the money has to go towards and has told me to forget DH's GED he can get it "anytime" well THAT is why he doesn't have it already! It's high time he gets this GED! why? so he can actually GET A JOB that can support the family...right now we're barely scraping by and that's really putting it nicely. So I've put my foot down, I know I'm backed by my brother and my Daddy on this as I have informed them of what happened and why. I've informed my Mom I'll get her her trailer and all it's immediate costs (electric hookup/transfer, lot rent for the 1st month, and any down payment the trailer park has...I'll also make sure snow removal/lawn care is cared for for her...also pay for her to move there) so really she's getting a heckalot of "things" it's jus not ALL her WANTS being met here so she's now mad at me...but my DH NEEDS his GED he's 27 yrs old and can't even get a job at McDonald's cuz of his lack of GED...that's when you know it's bad...so his GED is a NEED my Mom NEEDS a house...all the rest is wants really...and this isn't even considering the electric hookup and such for the farm house that I'm still not living in due to the septic tank not being in yet...well once that goes in (next month) I still don't expect to get to live there cuz I don't expect to get to pay to hook up the electric (LP tank is FULL, water is well...electric is really the only immediate hookup cost for me...) why don't I expect this 1 fairly minor thing to be able to happen? cuz I don't expect there to be much left after everything else that needs to be done gets done...I know it'll be a fight to the finish to get my DH his GED but I really can't keep stepping back and letting my Mom have it all...honestly it's MY house we're selling so it's MY money she's spending...and if you think that sounds greedy since it's the house she's living in you should know that she's not paid any rent to live there only her city bill and I do plan to get her a trailer so she will have a house to live in...I also have lived my life having to run to my Grandparents for clothes jus so I'd have something that fit to go to school in cuz my Mom would rather get us the latest toy instead of a new pair of pants for school...well my Grandparents are both no longer here, so I need to step up and ensure that MY KIDS needs are met! They have indirectly been suffering from this all as their Mommy hasn't really been around much trying to get this all settled...and dealing with my Mom and her whining...my kids have clothes (that I make mind you...to save on the cost) they have food in their bellies, and a roof over their head (even if it is really the basement of my Daddy's house right now...) so the majority of their needs are met...but they also need their Mommy as their still little...so I've put my foot down...I will take the money from the house get my Mom her trailer and get her into it...get my DH his GED and help him to get a job...and then I go from there...my Mom has called twice today crying for 1 thing or another (wants) and I've told her "no" and so she'd cry harder...but I can't give in anymore...there is a time she needs to learn that she is NOT the center of the universe...it's time she learns that...even my 20month old son knows the world isn't all about him he knows what the word "no" means...my Mom refuses to hear that word when it's being said towards her...so enough is enough, I will ensure she has a roof over her head and food in her belly (she has more then enough clothes...) and turn my back on the whining...that's it I've had it...

Grandma said "When I'm gone the family will fall apart...you'll need to be the strong one" well Grandma it didn't fall apart yet...shook to the core by you and Grandpa dying but not fallen apart by any means...BUT that day might be coming since I've put my foot down...

No comments:

Post a Comment