Sunday, May 20, 2012

Using a Safety Pin as a "Loop Turning Tool"

This is a little trick my Grandma taught me once...as I was sewing up a dress pattern that calls for a Loop Turning Tool and I dug out my Safety Pin I decided to share via this tutorial of how to use a Safety Pin as a Loop Turning Tool jus as my Grandma taught me once...

You take the Safety Pin and put it through so that it comes out the top
Then you take the Safety Pin and flip it around so that the end that opens and closes is inside the hole
Then you push down on the material until you see the Safety Pin on the opposite end
Then you pull the Safety Pin through until the material's all pulled through

it takes little bit of patience at first, and a little bit of muscle with some materials - but it can be done!
Hope someone finds this useful! Have fun sewing!

If you'd like to see a video of the process and hear me telling you the steps check out the video I made about it: Safety Pin "Loop Tool" 

No comments:

Post a Comment