Tuesday, May 22, 2012

Surprise for the Girls

Today I was searching the web in boredom and found a "playhouse" using a hula hoop to make - it got me to thinking...the hula hoop wouldn't make a big enough house for my little girls who enjoy playing together and sharing (most of the time) so I started working in my head a plan...
I came up with building a wooden frame in place of the hula hoop...then I thought I'm jus going to build the whole frame out of wood and make panels for the walls...
many hours later (this was an all day project) and a blister (skill saw's not working...I used a hand saw to saw through 2x4s and 2x8s...) later I got the frame to the point I bring it in from the porch, put it together, and (hopefully) staple the wall/roof panels on! If there's no staples to the staple gun I'll use small nails so it will still get finished probably tomorrow (originally thought I'd be done by the end of the wk)
I made the wall and roof panels out of old sheets...the frame it out of 2x4s and 2x8s

I can't wait to see the girls' reaction to their "house" tomorrow! I'll post some pictures of the finished house have no worries!

No comments:

Post a Comment